Friday, July 15, 2005

So this is work

Hey! So, somebody congratulate me, or hand me a cigar or buy me a drink or something! I worked today!

It was incredible, it was exciting, it was new. For the first time I can remember I didn't have time to slack off. I sat down at my desk at ten o'clock, and I was busy right up until now! That's two hours of solid work. It goes hand in hand with my promotion, more money, more responsibility, and (here's the part I wasn't expecting) no more down time!

This may be a blow for some of you. I'm sorry I can't do more to lessen the shock. It is possible that I may only update this page once a day, if at all, from work. It may also mean that my AIM time will be drastically cut down (not that many of you care/talk to me/or are even online while at work).

But that's not really what I want to talk about. What I'd really like to talk about is the very pretty girl* who I asked out once six months ago who said yes but we never went on a date so later on in April at an office drinking-fest I got drunk and asked her out again and this time she said "oh, I have a boyfriend now" at which I got pissed and stormed off only to start suspecting that her "boyfriend" was in fact the manager who used to work near my group and would douse (douse) himself in Old Spice whenever he went over to talk to her which is where I've been for three months now, silently suspecting that manager and the prettiest girl in the office are an item.

That sentence is probably not grammatically correct. However, please note all the words used to construct that sentence are spelled correctly... Onward:

Today, as part of my new job-related responsibilities I am required to use the Bloomberg terminal which is located close to the pretty girl's desk. It was there I witnessed an exchange between the pretty girl...and that stupid manager I hate. It appears they are, in fact, an item. And I am practically beside myself with frustration. Because he's gotta be like thirty. Because he's an oaf. Because she's dating him, and not me. I would still have a problem even if her boyfriend was a Brad Pitt clone who had inherited a billion dollars and worked selflessly for kids' charities and who was otherwise perfect. That, though, I could justify, or maybe make peace with, or grudgingly learn to accept. BUT THIS IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN THAT.

Man I hate that guy. And her, for you know, going out with him. I am slowly getting over this. It's not like I ever had a real shot. All I'm saying was, dinner would have been nice. Stupid girls. Well, no. Stupid oafish manager. Gah.

-T
recommended downloads:
Bowling For Soup, Emily
Sugarcult, She's The Blade

*the pretty girl sits near the printers, not to be confused with cute girl, who, sadly, is still getting married (not to me).

No comments: