Friday, April 15, 2005

May or may not have happened

We had an office get together last night. At a bar. An open bar. The things I'm pretty sure happened are listed, the things that may or may not have happened are in bold.

«Began the night with Cindy and her sister and their two friends, all of them 4'5" and Vietnamese
«Had three managers comment on me being surrounded by tiny asian women, (not all of them office-appropriate comments)
«Watched the game on the big screen, go sox.
«Got asked by my managers if I was interviewing elsewhere
«Might have denied it
«Berated my senior manager and *demanded* more responsibility
«May have asked out the pretty girl
«She said no
«After asking and being denied, may have asked the pretty girl out again
«Had much too much to drink
«Learned the names of some more coworkers, names like Abbey Donna Laura Anne
«May have forgotten which names go with who
«May have asked the pretty girl out, again
«Got invited to Montreal on a trip a coworker is planning.
«May not remember which coworker is planning the trip
«May have acted like that drunk guy at the office party everybody laughs about the next day, or until someone else does something stupider.
«Called at least three people. Had four minute conversation with someone who may have been Adina
«May have left a message on Beth's phone. May have left a message on someone else's phone. May have talked to people I shouldn't have been talking to.


«May not remember all the things I don't remember doing.
You all should have been there.

-Tom
recommended download
Pushstars, Drunk is better than dead

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did leave a message on me.

Love,

Someone else's phone.

Tom said...

hi denver.

Johnny Sapphire said...

I'm pretty sure you called me, but I haven't listened to the message yet.

Anonymous said...

It was actually a five minute and thirty five second conversation. you said "up" and "down" a lot, as in "everyone feels down sometimes, but then you feel up, then down, you know? I'm drunk". I haven't gotten a drunken call for a long time. It made me feel young again. When I say young I mean a year ago.

Anonymous said...

Try Dallas, stupid.