Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dan Goldin Day 2007

I was a little down on Monday, seeing as it's the start of the week, and my job isn't the greatest thing going right now, and I'd really, really, really, like to keep playing Halo (btw, I just bought Halo - the original - and I'm dying to finish the campaign), and, plus, it's Monday morning. Five days to freedom, right?

WRONG! Because I quickly realized that it was Monday the twelfth, which, as we all know, is only four days away from Friday the sixteenth! Which, as we all know, is the day we will observe DAN GOLDIN DAY 2007!!

Four day work week! Wooo!

I celebrated this realization last night by playing more Halo. Friday Samantha and I are going to see American Gangster.

Dan Goldin Day is like, far and away, my favorite holiday for which I am responsible.

DON'T FORGET! DGD '07 celebrated THIS FRIDAY, 11/16/07! Take the day off, take half a day, have a beer at lunch!

-t

3 comments:

craziasian said...

for some unknown reason, i had it in my head that DGD was last friday. and so i was taking this friday off to observe the holiday a week late (better late than never, which I often say when I get my period late)(didn't you love how I slipped in talk about my period so subtlely. I rock).

anyway, i was super psyched when i realized that i was taking actual DGD off. this will be my first observed dgd. i am pretty excited. now if only i was in boston.

Donny said...

Milwaukee is also highly anticipating DGD '07. We have a rich tradition (of 2 years) that includes being turned away from the brewery tour at the door, eating at the fish fry, listening to polka music, and making new, good friends. We know that they have "good friend" potential because they are willing to celebrate non-traditional holidays with people they have just met.

Miss Lindsay Mak said...

This year I celebrated DGD by being fall-down drunk at a bar. Just like I celebrated the first DGD.