Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What are friends for

An email from my good friend Tyler (I added the links to help you readers keep track):

Hi Tom,

This is Tyler, your #1 blog fan. That's a complete lie as Donny, Adina, and an assorted cast of characters vie for your admiration and blog inclusion, while I read not infrequently, but not quite regularly. I've often wanted to inject my opinion but haven't wanted to do a longtime reader..first time respondent type entry. I skip Gilmore Girls posts, Enjoy just about anything you have to say about the Red Sox. I too abhor misused and misguided colloquialisms such as Dunkie's.

Credentials established, why am I coming out of the woodwork now you ask? Basically, I was wondering if you and your Truck could lend your services to a former 18aer, someone who perhaps straddles the line between acquaintance and friend if only because I don't share your affinity for tragically bad TV. I do however love Fireball Island (Which if I'm not mistaken you posted on a while back.)

Anyway call me if you think you might be able to schlep a couch from Roxbury to Somerville. It would be an awesome assist, making you the Magic Johnson of former college floor mates. (I doubt Magic pays for dinner anywhere in LA if you catch my drift.)

If not, well I'll keep wandering the city with a desperate and roving eye, looking for my John Stockton.

Seriously dude, it would be sweet to catch up. Even if you can't help me out I'd still love to get together and chat: I've got some rad plans, and, you...adjust mutual funds or some shit.

Thanks for even considering,
Tyler

You bet buddy.

5 comments:

Donny said...

Tom, before you agree to anything, find out if you and your fellow co-movers are allowed to unionize.

Anonymous said...

When I read the first paragraph, I immediately thought, "WHOA. Tom has a BLOG FAN?!"

Then I got it. Oh well Tom, maybe someday.

craziasian said...

is anyone else surprised that tyler reads blogs? and that he revealed his dirty little secret to tom and not to say, oh I don't know, ME?

so jealous.

Anonymous said...

dude, i am not moving yet another person during my visit. :-p

Anonymous said...

Tom, you're such a cheap date that it's well worth Tyler's $2 - go big and order a drink at dinner. Rack that bill up to $10.