Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Bill Simmons (and also Bill Brasky)

I just spent the entire day reading Bill Simmons' (ESPN's The Sports Guy) picks for his top ten columns of the year. There were some good ones. This guy can write. But maybe he can't really write, it's just that he's a Boston sports fan and refers to as many 80s tv and movie moments as he can. Whatever the case, the formula works.

My eyes aren't working properly, the Sports Guy column is written in black text on a goldenrod background. After staring at it for (I'm estimating) about seveteen hours today everything else has taken on a blue tint.

I'm also feeling giddy, because the final column in the top ten of the year (actually the eleventh) was the column written about this year's ALCS game 5 and game 6. I'm reliving the Red Sox comeback all over again. No way I'm getting work done. (ok ok, I wouldn't be getting work done anyway).

Aslo, all of you out there in bloggerland, today all of your entries pale in comparison to a description of our championship Red Sox and their historic, never-been-done-before, down-three-games-to-none comeback series. Sorry, I'll def. be wrapped up in your day-to-day by tomorrow, never fear.

ps is The Warriors a book, or just a movie? I'm trying to figure out why I know the plot without having seen it...is it described in a movie I might have seen? I'm puzzled.

Also, I'm going to see The Life Aquatic tonight, so I'll mention that tomorrow.
happy hunting.
-Tom

recommended downloads:
All-American Rejects, Drive Away
Queen, Somebody To Love,
and Guns N' Roses, Sweet Child Of Mine

No comments: