Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Most Important Things

This is completely ridiculous. I need a job that gives me more free time. I just can't fit work, blog reading, and blog writing into my current schedule, and blog reading and writing clearly aren't going to get cut.

Publishing seems to call to me. I think, if I could do it succsesfully, writing would be the ideal career. Any kind of writing, really - I would certainly enjoy the wacky adventures of a freelance novelist of the Wonder Boys ilk; and I had a blast writing for my high school newspaper and would guess daily publishing is much the same (in addition, I would undoubtedly be presented with myriad opportunities to solve murder mysteries and uncover nefarious plots, like these famous reporters - oh, and let's not forget this guy.)

Upon re-reading that second point, it seems to me it is not so much the freedom of a flexible schedule that I seek, but is, in fact, super human abilities.


But if that isn't the best job perk going I might as well just get myself fired and file for unemployment.

No comments: