Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Foresight

I'd just like to go on the record as saying I'm totally OK with paying through the nose this offseason to get A-Rod to come play third base for us. Or shortstop. Or second base. Or first. Or closer.

I like Mike Lowell at third base. He's having a hell of a year. I'd be totally ok with extending his contract through 2009 or 2010 and letting him retire in Boston.

But I'm also totally ok with replacing him with maybe the greatest baseball player in the history of baseball. I've hated A-Rod since he became a Yankee. I will continue to hate him as long as he's a Yankee or playing in the American League East - but man, how messed up are you if you don't want him playing on your hometown nine? He's practically a force of nature! The numbers! They're incredible! Can you even comprehend what sort of offense Ortiz-Ramirez-Rodriguez would generate? I can't. I'm telling you, I cannot comprehend it. Hell, A-Rod would make J.D. Drew a better hitter!

So, Theo, I totally trust you, and only want to let you know, there is at least one fan who gets that putting Alex Rodriguez on the payroll would be freakin' awesome.

For clarity's sake, however, (and my Boston reader's sanity) I will reiterate the following:

  • I hate Jeter, and will hate Jeter now matter how long he plays or how many different teams he plays for (Ha. Right. Like Jeter is ever not going to be a Yankee).

  • I hate Giambi. I have always hated Giambi.

  • I hate the entire Yankee organization.

  • I hope A-Rod doesn't get a clutch hit for the remainder of his tenure in New York, and I hope he commits three (costly) errors a game.

  • Go Red Sox



Just wanted to get that out there.

2 comments:

To Be Announced said...

But think of all the extra money. Not just his salary, but all that purple, grape-flavored, Wet n Wild lip balm?!?!?

Even if he plays for the Sox, I will not cheer for him...

Donny said...

The Brewers use a great picture of Giambi whenever he's in town that makes him look like an ogre. Of course, they don't really have to look too far to find a picture of him that looks like an ogre.