Saturday, March 10, 2007

Forty-one hours and forty-five minutes, before Saturday

I showed up at work....and there's nobody here! Granted, they all said they planned to start at 9:30 this morning, and I didn't roll in until 12:30, so they might be out getting lunch...but it's still pretty disconcerting.

I'm all alone up here. I'm starting to suspect that maybe there isn't that much work to do...maybe they came in, saw twelve trades instead of twenty-four hundred trades, and said "great, screw it, let's go home."

If that is what happened, I really would have appreciated a phone call or email or something telling me that, so when i did drag myself in here and log on at least I'd know not to expect them, and that I have my Saturday back and maybe I could go catch a movie or something.

But I think they're nice guys, and if they decided to quit early they would have emailed me. And since they didn't, then they're probably eating and will be back shortly. In the meantime, I'm going to sit here and do nothing - heaven forbid I start to do some work on my own and screw something up - I'd be here all night fixing it and that is the last thing I want.

Also, this is the last time I'm every coming in to work on a weekend. It's just not worth it.

I could be asleep right now.

-t

recommended download:
The Dropkick Murphys, The Fields of Athenry
Bob Schneider, Lonelyland

1 comment:

craziasian said...

i used to work saturdays in boston all the time. i loved it. it was so quiet and i would get so much work done and then sit around and chat with my dad. i even offered here to start working a few weekends in exchange for mondays. i think it is a good deal.