Thursday, March 01, 2007

Devil

I had a devil of a time getting a T pass this morning. I was going to rant and rave about it, but I've done enough of that to the MBTA director via email, and I'm all ranted out. Quickly:
Tried to buy my pass with a credit card after waiting in line at a cash only machine;
Switched lines to wait for a credit/debit card machine
Credit/debit machine wouldn't take credit/debit cards
Received no aid at all from the so-called MBTA ambassador
Switched back to another line and dug through my backpack to find change for a one-way fare
Took the train in to work
At lunch I tried State Street station, Downtown Crossing, and Chinatown fare vending machines
None of them took credit cards either
Finally when I left work they'd been fixed and I got my monthly pass.

Stupid T.


In other news the book I'm reading right now, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is freakin' awesome. It's about magicians - but not your regular storybook magicians where magic is good or evil (Harry Potter, Voldemort, Merlin, Sabriel, any of Neil Gaiman's books...) in this book magic is... it's less fantastic, less unbelievable, and less understood. It's also sinister. Totally, totally sinister.

And awesome.

I'm going to go read some more.

-t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

umm...are you ever going to blog again? you could tell us how the book ended.