Monday, January 15, 2007

No one to do business with

Good Monday morning to you all. Today is January 15, 2006, Marthin Luther King Junior Day. Federal offices are closed, there is no mail delivery or trash pickup, the MBTA is running on a holiday schedule, the stock market is closed today, prime broker offices are closed today, client offices are closed today,

But we're open for business!

I'm writing from my desk, at work, from the only occupied floor, in the only buildling that is open in downtown Boston.

Which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I'm reminded primarily of Kermit's line from The Muppet Chirstmas Carol:

"If you please. Mr Scrooge, why open the office tomorrow?
Other businesses will be closed - You'll have no one to do business with.

It'll waste a lot of expensive coal for the fire...."

(source)

I could have stayed home today and played video games and watched football highlights. Instead I had to slog through the cold rain to "work" for eight hours. You can bet I'll be sucking down those free soft drinks today in protest.

-t

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Yeah? Well I have to go to class today.