Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Work Cancelled Nation-wide, Please See The Following

The day after Halloween? No one should be expected to come into work! We should all be expected to stay home, clean the egg from our doorsteps, shaving cream from our cars, and gorge ourselves on the "leftover" candy meant for the trick-or-treaters.

No one should have to go to work after a holiday. Or on a holiday.

I'm compiling a list:

2007 Holidays

January
01/01 - New Year's Day
01/06 - Little Christmas/Feast of the Nativity/Epiphany

February
02/14 - Valentine's Day
02/19 - President's Day (observed)

March
03/17 - St. Patrick's Day/Evacuation Day (City of Boston)

April
04/01 - April Fool's Day
04/06 - Good Friday
04/09 - Easter Monday/Patriots Day (New England)

May
05/28 - Memorial Day

June
06/17 - World Juggling Day

July
07/04 - Independence Day
07/24 - my birthday

September
09/3 - Labor Day

October
10/08 - Columbus Day (observed)
10/31 - Halloween

November
11/01 - All Saints Day/Day of the Dead (Mexico)
11/12 - Veteran's Day (observed)
11/17 - Dan Goldin Day
11/22 - Thanksgiving
11/23 - Day after Thanksgiving

December
12/24 - Christmas Eve
12/25 - Christmas
12/31 - New Year's Eve


Basically all non-essential personnel get those days off. (Essential personnel include fire, police, emergency, and tourist industries)

Also, you shouldn't work on your birthday, whenever that falls. And no one should have to work on my birthday. That day should be filled with international Xbox tournaments, beer, pizza, and general merriment and revelry. And parades, if that's your thing and you like throwing them.

It's a work in progress. Spot any I missed?

-t

recommended download:
Weezer, Holiday

10 comments:

mance01 said...

August- My birthday. Since you don't seem to have found any holidays for that month. ;)

Also, December and January should just be holidays themselves. Mainly so you wouldn't have to get up and go outside when it's cold.

e$ said...

day after valentines day (also my anniversary with katsumi, so i'm usually pretty effing drunk) and day after st. patricks (which is my new anniversary with katsumi, so in the future i will be pretty effing drunk)

Donny said...

Milwaukee has been planning its Dan Goldin Day festivities, have you?

Donny said...

Milwaukee has been planning its Dan Goldin Day festivities, have you?

Donny said...

I swear I only hit the publish button once!

Tom said...

I believe you

craziasian said...

me too

craziasian said...

me too

Anonymous said...

i think it's necessary to have work on April Fools

that way you can mess with all your co-workers for fun

Anonymous said...

My favorite is National Talk Like a Pirate Day on 9/19. A few years ago, my roommate & I called a local pizza joint and got a message saying, "Closed Due to the Holiday." It being mid-September, we were confused and Googled the date online. I swear to you, National Talk Like a Pirate Day is what came up. We DIED laughing!