Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Tequila Sunrise

I've got a tequila headache.

I hadn't planned any Halloween revelry for last night, All Hallows Eve, but luckily, planning had been done by someone.

I was at work late yesterday when I got the invitation. I jumped on the T, less crowded than I expected with costumed strangers, and dodged shaving cream-covered teenagers on my walk home, and caught a ride over to the party.

Where I had lots of tequila in margarita form, and a profound realization.

(actually, it seemed very profound in my drunken euphoria...)

You should really only do things that make you happy. If you don't like your job you should get a new job that you like; if you don't like your apartment, move; and so on. Hanging out (and drinking) with friends and family is the greatest ever. You should do that as often as possible. Screw all that other noise.

Happy Day-After-Halloween. I'm dressed up as a guy who doesn't hate his job. I bet you couldn't even tell it was me.

-t

2 comments:

e$ said...

i always get those revelations when I'm wasted. then I become sober again. and i realize that life? sucks.

just kidding, good luck with that costume. I'm dressed as a girl who needs a nap.

craziasian said...

i'm dressed as the girl who smells like onions.