Monday, November 20, 2006

This gmail chat transcript is just in case any of you doubted me

Adina: it really wins you over
it is one of my favorite
well
there is gilmore girls, golden girls, west wing, arrested development, the office

Adina: and to be fair
seasons 1 through 5 of gg
well
seasons 1 through 4 definitely
the jury is still out on season 5

me: right
I'm on board with that whole debate
me personally, I loved pre-paris
and basically hate paris
also, I hate every boy rory has ever liked

except dean a little bit later on when he comes back and he's married

Sent at 10:26 AM on Monday

Adina: there was never pre-paris
she was always on the show
i liked jess
dean was too roll over
i am not a big fan of logan
i basically love the show for lauren graham
a deep dark dislike is a-brewing for rory

for one, CUT YOUR BANGS

me: I like rory

Adina: NO ONE CAN SEE YOUR EYES

me: lorelai is too whiny
esp with luke

Adina: true
but she is the center of the banter

me: I like her with soukie

Adina: she is always quick
witted

me: and soukie's husband produce guy

Adina: i LOVE sookie

me: I like the grandfather and grandmother too
also, I used to hate that lame guy
but now I like him

Adina: yeah they really bring the show over the top

me: taylor's henchman guy

Adina: they are experienced and classic
i love them
did you see any of season 6?
kirk

me: I really liked when the grandfather was living in the guest house and had the goofy
mustache

Adina: (real name: sean gunn)

me: and, maybe?
I might have seen one episode possibly

Adina: did you see the episode
where rory hosts a wartime party?

me: um, no

Adina: ok

me: did she have long bangs?

Adina: yeah she was wearing like a 40s outfit
khaki, curled hair

me: I saw one where she was donna reed
for dean

Adina: whoa SEASON 1 TOM

me: because he liked his women to stay home
wow, really?

Adina: we need to sit you down and rewatch seasons 1 through 6

me: no no
not "rewatch"
I've only seen scattered episodes
I watch ABC Family reruns

Adina: gasp
DOUBLE GASP

Adina: here is what we're going to do
you are going to spend all of philoney
in my apt

me: I saw the one where asian sidekick girl gets married

Adina: watching gilmore girls
you have no choice

me: also the one with the living paintings...I've see that one like three times

Adina: i love that one
sookie has her first baby

me: and the one where there's a big hole in the side of the inn
before they open
first baby?
honestly, don't spoil anything!
like, if lorelai is pregnant and rory's old dad is the father
don't tell me stuff like that
or if luke's the father but she's hooking up with christopher
(is that's his name?)

Adina: uh she's not pregnant
yes, christopher

me: I saw the one where they needed doors for the inn

Adina: okok, haha

me: and dean was back working with the doors
and kissed rory almost

Adina: and he almost kissed rory

me: and then was married

Adina: do you know what happened after that

me: nope

Adina: that was the end of season 3 i think

me: ok
I'd guess they hooked up

Adina: you don't know what happened POST ALMOST KISS
you've got to be kidding me

me: actually I heard they hooked up, I'm not guessing
but I could have heard wrong
also, I hate logan
and mostly hate jess
because every once in a while he was nice
but then he'd go all "rebel without a cause" and come on. he wasn't a tough guy
no way could he have gotten away with that in any real town.

Adina: i know that is why he is so easy to love

me: somebody would have kicked his ass

Adina: also he is so cute

me: no, that is why he is easy to hate

Adina: it's not a real town it is stars hollow
sigh i love that show

me: and he's not that cute
dean's better looking
so's christopher
as far as lorelai's other guys though
no siree bob

Adina: jess was adorable i had a huge crush on him
remember max
max medina

me: all neanderthal ugly types

Adina: UGLY

me: max?

Adina: who else uh jason stiles

me: is he the one who was the lawyer with her dad?

Adina: UGLIER

me: and who's jason stiles?

Adina: at least max was smart jason was UGLY AND STUPID

me: I know:
1. Luke (diner)
2. lawyer guy who sued granpa

Adina: i like luke but only because he's been with the show since day 1

me: I've always liked luke

Adina: and he has been pining for lorelai forever and that is cute
lawyer guy = jason stiles

me: the lawyer guy also showed up unexpectedly in the ALMOST KISSED episode

Adina: rory's teacher was max medina

me: 3. rory's teacher from 10th kingdom

Adina: he had a great personality but was sort of ugly. he grew on me but then she broke his heart sad.

me: I liked him but lorelai pushed him away
it wouldn't have worked out, but seriously, that lasted like, what, one episode?
does he even count?
and 4. christopher, who she should probably just dump for good already

Adina: uh for like the entity of season 1

me: really?
ok

Adina: and he would come back now and then in season 2 or 3

me: I saw one once where asian sidekick girl dyed her hair

Adina: i forget which one
purple

me: yes
then black again

Adina: that is the one where jess is dating that hoe blondie

me: yes

me: yes
but doesn't really like here
her*

Adina: i always wondered if she really died her hair or if it was a wig

me: that's where I was like "this is really dumb"because it's like "hello? jess? HOT BLONDE?"
and he didn't go for her?
= lame character
maybe if they had a girl that wasn't so hot it would have been ok

Adina: you're kidding
you thought that blonde was hot
SHE WAS A HOE BAG TOM
THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT
they were like let's find the hoe-iest hoe bag there is and then make her date jess

me: ok, it's not like I really remember it
that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when
and yes, I think it was a wig
I also remember an easter episode
where they hid eggs on the town green and they spoiled
or something

Adina: and kirk was delirious

me: and goofy guy had to find them all

Adina: and luke found them for him

me: KIRK!
right

Adina: showing his true colors

me: I knew he had a name
so,
people like paris?

Sent at 10:43 AM on Monday

Adina: i like paris
ok
not really
but she rounds out rory's character
i think she adds dimension to the show
since rory has like no friends ever

me: I thought they hated each other
and asian sidekick girl was a friend
and paris was the enemy

Adina: paris became a friend
they were roommates in college
keep your friends close...keep your enemies closert
i can't believe we've been talking about GG for this long
you are my favorite friend
DON'T TELL THE OTHERS

me: hahaha
deal

Adina: you're totally going to post about it
DON'T LIE

me: I've already posted three times today

Adina: no you didn't

me: I doubt another will be fourthcoming
ha

Adina: so is this what you do all day? gmail chat?

me: and by the time I get around to posting tomorrow I will have forgotten this covnersation
and yes
this is what I do all day

Sent at 10:51 AM on Monday

Adina: haha
well by tomorrow i'll tell someone else they are my favorite friend.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT

Anonymous said...

Why did I read ALL OF THAT.

I want in on the gilmore girls watching marathon.

Anonymous said...

I love Rory's bangs.

Anonymous said...

jenny
I own seasons 1 through 5 on dvd. if wooed correctly, I might consider letting you borrow them, season by season.

felec
of course you, bang wearer.

Anonymous said...

felec
of course you DO

Anonymous said...

all the jess fans can rejoice, because apparently jess and rory date in real life.

Anonymous said...

The mother hen at my office keeps urging me to watch that show so we "can have water cooler talk." :-P

e$ said...

ok, so I was sort of reading this post and i was like "oh haha, reading other people's google chat is so fun". Then I was like, ok, this is kind of long, and I've never watched a single episode of Gilmore Girls ever. But I guess reading is better than concentrating on how I'm sweating and headachey and coughing. Then I was like, OK, now this is REALLY LONG, and then?

then it was just... over.

I need to go weep now, and take my PM cold meds.

Anonymous said...

rosy
I didn't know that! That made my morning!

mance01 said...

Also, Jess is now starring on NBC's "Heroes." Which is an awesome show. In case you missed him. ;)

Anonymous said...

YES! Heroes is great.