Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Strange Bedfellows

I'm getting a cold, I think. I blame Erin.

Not really. I blame late nights. Or early mornings.

I'd definitely be O.K. with late nights if I could get rid of the early mornings. They're making me sick. And giving me strange dreams.

I woke up halway again today, and started capturing little two- and three-minute intervals of sleep for about an hour. In my dazed state, however, I perceived it quite a bit differently.

These two minute periods of time weren't periods of time, but rather yogurt covered raisins. If I wanted to go back to where things made sense (sleep), I would need to get a few more yogurt covered raisins from the Jamacain witch doctor. He had dreadlocks.

Also, this morning, that whole analogy made sense to me.

Now, it really doesn't at all.

-t

P.S. just got an email from my new VP asking about audit. He ended it with "Txs."

Does that means "Thanks"?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

maybe he meant (TX)s as in
many Texases.

if he meant thanks, that blows. does it really take that much less time to write txs rather than thanks. not really!

e$ said...

i used the power of the internets to give you my cold. MUA- HA- HA- hahack hack hack.

have fun with that, then.

Anonymous said...

tx is short for thanks. we use it in my office all the time because we are too busy to write out the entire word. it is a long word to be writing 500 times a day.

however, txs is overusing the "s" sound. it would come out sounding like "thanks-s" which is stupid.

Tom said...

But it's an automated embedded signature.

Txs,
Rick Bloggington
Vice President
StupidCo.
P (555)555-1234
F (555)555-4321

Outlook puts that on your emails automatically. You only type it once when you set up your email, so it's not to save time.

It doesn't make sense.
-t

mance01 said...

Wow. Too lazy to type "Thanks" on something that appears on every one of his emails. What a jackass.

Anonymous said...

yeah...no i agree. if it's automated, take the time to write it out. also, if you're going to write it, then at least spell it correctly.