Friday, November 03, 2006

They're not trying to be funny. I can't really believe it, but they're being sincere.

We're getting a new manager. It's why I didn't quit two weeks ago. Her name is Sandra. She's starting soon (?)

The following exchange is between Insolent Bob and my Lazy Manager:

To: Insolent Bob, Tom
From: Lazy Manager
Subject:

If you guys need help with anything during this month end you can ask Sandra to help.


From: Insolent Bob
To: Lazy Manager, Tom
Subject: RE:

R u my manager anymore?

To: Insolent Bob, Tom
From: Lazy Manager
Subject: RE:

Yes, but she is going forward


So, first of all, this is a totally ridiculous exchange.

And second of all, I'd just like to point out that this is the first actual official communication, by management, to the employees, that personnel is changing.

I've known about it via gossip for two weeks. Not official channels. The official channels, I think, need some dredging done.

-t

3 comments:

mance01 said...

Seriously, one word edit and that would have been truly hilarious.

"R u my mommy?"

I can't believe someone in a professional setting would write "R u" to their superior. Good gravy you work with morons.

e$ said...

mance took the words out of my mouth. Someday, someone will look back and note (correctly) that AIM was the downfall of 21st century man.

Tom said...

this guy's 35 years old. he doesn't use AIM. he's fat, he's bald, he's insolent, obnoxious, thinks he's tough, prone to getting his ass kicked when he's drunk, and married.

explain that to me.
or don't. I don't really care.
-t