Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Does this make sense to anyone?

To: me
From: Client (Marie)


Did that check request get sent to Ellen?


To: insolent guy
From: me


Mary wants to know if you sent the check request

To: me
From: insolent guy


Yes – tell her the date that it was sent form fax cover. Tell her you will resend and send an email to Ellen and also ask Marie to give a heads up to Ellen, because you are not certain that Ellen ever receives your emails cause she hasn’t responded to your requests in the past ( is this a true summarization). ??



what?
-t

Update:

As a fun exercise I decided to decipher the message within the gibberish. I imagine this is a lot like decoding the human genome:

Yes. I faxed the authorization to Ellen last Thursday. This email from Marie concerns me, however. It may indicate that Ellen did not receive my initial fax. Please fax another copy of the authorization to Ellen and ask her to confirm receipt via email. Also, I believe Ellen has had some problems receiving email from your account in the past, is this correct? To overcome this obstacle you might ask Marie to email Ellen in order to give her a "heads-up" on the incoming fax, explaining, of course, to Marie, the difficulties Ellen may be having receiving your emails. Allow me to summarize these details in a bulleted list, if I may -
  • The fax was sent last week.
  • Resend the fax.
  • Reply to Marie's email to inform her that you will resend the fax to Ellen.
  • Via email, inform Ellen of the incoming fax, and ask her to confirm receipt of said fax.
  • Again, via email, ask Marie to request a confirmation email from Ellen as well. - if you would like to combine these two emails to Marie in the interest of efficiency, you may, but you should in no way feel obligated to do so.
  • Finally, if you have a moment today, you might think about contacting the information technology department in regard to the problems you may or may not be having with your email account.

    Also, the only part of either email I actually needed was "Yes."

6 comments:

Donny said...

Why make up words like "summarization" when shorter words like "summary" exist?

mance01 said...

You did that one to yourself. You should've just forwarded the email if he's the one doing the check request. Also, he sucks at English.

Tom said...

I did forward the email. He responded to me, not to the client.

All she wanted was "Yes" or "No."

It took me a while to decipher it, but I then responded to her original email with "Yes." and things are cool.

I only provided this post to illustrate the type of communication I'm dealing with. This is the guy responsible for my training, remember. Good to see he can provide clear, concise answers to simple questions, right?

-t

Anonymous said...

he sounds like a moron


and insolent moron





also, are donny samantha and i the only ones that actually care about your blog, cuz we seem to be the only ones that comment frequently

Anonymous said...

why don't you just call the person on the phone?

Tom said...

I don't know who she is, and I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to talk to her.

During my first week of work I sent an email to this Ellen character pointing out a mistake she charged us with was her own, and then was lectured by my manager about trying not to antagonize the clients.

Basically everybody's stupid. Except me, and Marie, who seems to be a normal, intelligent person.