Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Reeding Highlights

from Dave's Long Box

"As I draw this post to a patronizing finish, I would encourage everyone to maintain a degree of perspective and civility. The anonymity of the Internet makes the need for civil discourse even greater. Do you really need to get in a flame war with some 13-year old who thinks Mike Mignola sucks? Because that kid’s an idiot, fuck that kid."


from Neil Gaiman

"I find I'm suddenly unsure whether or not that means exactly what I'm certain it does mean, so I google "personal lubricants" and yes, it's talking about exactly what I think it's talking about. Up to 4 oz. of personal lubricants are just fine.... practically the only liquid you can take with you onto a plane.
"

from Flixens

"Think of it as having a children, and one of them is just better than all the rest. Instantly talented at anything he or she puts their mind to, and will easily be more successful than your other children, who range from occasionally inspired, to the ones that bump their head on the side of the breakfast table every morning.

The [1973 original] Wicker Man is that superior child...

So, might I be a little bit biased, when watching a remake of The Wicker Man? Turns out, no. The film is plenty bad on it's own merit, without me being prejudice..."



-t

No comments: