Tuesday, September 05, 2006

There aren't any stations.

Today, just now, I discovered the mental link between the phrase "train of thought" and "jump the tracks" and since have been mildly amused at the thought of a brain train jumping the thought tracks.

I am further amused by the inevitable trainwreck of and idea such an incident would cause. Or possibly brainwreck.

So, now, whenever I find myself thinking about myself thinking... about... - I now picture a cartoonish train bouncing merrily along a track, as it swivels its headlamp around looking about for, and finding, a different and interesting looking track nearby, then hopping over to that one to continue bouncing down whatever railway lines have been laid in this brain of mine.

Also, the hopping train is accompanied by the Peter Cottontail song.

"Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hopping down the bunny trail
Hippity-hoppity Easter's on its way!"


-t "there are no stops on this train of thought" e

No comments: