Monday, September 25, 2006

Contact

It's going on three days with no contact from my manager. This would be ok if things were going well. But things aren't going well, and he knows it, and yet, he doesn't even check in.

He stops by Eddy's desk everyday. Eddy and I sit back-to-back across the aisle. All my lazy manager would have to do is simply turn around. But he doesn't.

Oh, here he comes!... He walked right by. He's talking to Pete about the football pool. "Where am I supposed to send the check?"

I don't get it! Is there a theory that explains his actions? Why doesn't he check in?

1. Too busy - Clearly not, if he has time to check in with Eddy and to chat about football.

2. I'm wearing an ugly shirt and he can't bear to look at me - Nope. First, my shirt isn't ugly, and second, even if it were he could send me an email. Which would take less time, and he wouldn't even have to get up!

3. He hates me - Come on. Seriously? I'm a likeable guy. That's not it.

4. ?

Any theories, readers?
-t

Update: I've just received an email from my manager. This is the first contact in twenty-seven hours. (an email Wednesday at 10AM, nothing Thursday, Friday, Monday until an email at 3 PM)

It reads:

Tom,

Bob and Michael are meeting at my desk at 4 to discuss some fund changes. Can you swing by my desk at 4pm today so we can all go over everything? It should only take a minute or 2

Thanks
Lazy Manager

FYI: Bob is the lazy insolent guy in my group, and I've never heard of Michael before. This should be an interesting two minute meeting.

No comments: