Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ghost of a Blogger

I apologize for being incomunicado today. Google crashed.

Well, not exactly. I opened my internet explorer this morning, as I would any other morning, and tried to get in to gmail, so I could chat.

After a lengthly load time a "file not found" error came up. Had gmail been ... (dun, dun, dun) blocked?

My very next thought was to go immediately to blogger and rant and rave about being cut off from the instant messaging community. (Which is, after all, the thing that keeps me most sane during these trying hours among the workforce.)

But I couldn't! Blogger was also missing! I was furious!

How dare they take not only gmail, and with it my instant messaging abilities, but also blogger! I couldn't even rant to my faithful(ly bored) audience about the injustice of it all! Quick! Distract yourself with the blog updates in your RSS reader!

FILE NOT FOUND! I was cut off!!

Forced to sit and navigate blogs the old-fashioned way, remembering URLs and clicking hyperlinks! A wandering spirit floating on the peripheral of blogingdom, only able to read posts, and not participate by writing any, barely able to let my presence be known by commenting. . .

I CAN'T COMMENT EITHER?!


No, ladies and gentlemen, any and all google applications, sites, servers, etc, that required a Google account and password were gone! Struck from the web as if they'd never existed!

Nothingness

But, as you can plainly see, I'm back. Rumor has it there was some stickiness between our pal Google, that monster of the interweb, and Comcast, that local tste fly of the ISPs, which had caused the blackout.

But it's fixed. So I'm back. I hope none of you worried. Thirty-six hours without a post is a bit unlike me, but everything's k.o. now.

-t

No comments: