Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Too many hours in the day

I am writing this at four fifteen. It is going to be a great struggle to make it to five thirty today.

I was surrounded by sheets of paper for the first half of the day. Piles of trade sheets and balance sheets and dividend reports were scattered around my desk in an extremely haphazard-looking, but actually meticulously-organized, debris field.

There were entries to be made to the funds. Important entries. Entries with dollar amounts in the millions. They were not made.

Nothing was done for the entire first half of the day to upset those papers. No entries were made. I sat in front of my computer, waiting for comments on my blog. Hitting the refresh key, compulsively.

Then, I went to lunch. I had pizza.

When I returned the system had crashed. I waited for another half of an hour. My senior manager came to my desk to outline which entries needed to be made to solve all the problems I had been having for three days.

The entries took two minutes to complete. The funds were fine. The extremely well-organized stacks of paper were re-organized into actual stacks. Then they were filed away.

Two minutes. Three days work, done.

Since that time I have been, compulsively, checking for comments on my blog. I was fortunate enough to receive one comment about singing cows. It gave me an opportunity to demonstrate my near-comprehensive Sesame Street knowledge base.

Now I'm just sitting here.

Very soon I will look to consumerism to fill the void. Bargain video games on half.com, amazon recommends, zero percent financing on new appliances at sears.

Very soon there will be trouble.
-t

recommended download:
The Oinker Sisters, I Got A New Way To Walk (Walk, Walk) (if you can find it)


Update: I bought Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, and Star Wars Battlefront II for Xbox, and really thought long and hard about getting this guy.

5 comments:

Donny said...

Will you please check the Milwaukee Craig's List for an apartment for me? I'm looking for something in the Brady Street/East Town area. Preferably under $800 and including parking. I'd also be willing to move in with someone. Thanks.

Donny said...

See, I'm made for management.

jayniek said...

in a valiant attempt to keep you from purchasing colored chalk, the Bruce Lee collection, and an assortment of small dogs from puppyfinder.com, I am hereby commenting.

i do what i can for a fellow blogger.

e$ said...

dude, i hear you. the other day I was so bored I researched Boston spas and made an appointment for a facial.

I have $35 in my bank account until Friday.

the math, it doesn't work in my favor, here.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling the gold statue of Mickey Mouse probably won't turn on the ladies. Just a thought.