Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This is no way to run a business

Four questions: What, Why, How, and When. These are the questions I need to answer.

I have been at my desk since nine a.m. this morning. To this point I have not accomplished anything.

There are trades that need to be proccessed, entries that must be made, but I am unable to do that because I don't know which entries to make or how to book them to the system.

I have emailed both of my managers and even the guy that used to be in the group but transferred out. Each of them has responded with "Ask someone else, I'm too busy."

Hi, I'm Tom, you can call me "hot potato."

I understand that it's the begining of the month and they all have their own work to do, but, I also believe that having me, dead weight, not doing any work, only increases the amount of work they have to do later, either by explaining to me, in painstaking detail, which entries to make and how; or, by doing the work themselves before shooting me an email back to me with "all set" in the subject line.

Why not make sure I know what I'm doing, and then let me do my job? No more headaches for anyone!

What entries need to be made? - I have no idea
Why do they need to be made? - I have NO idea
How are the entries made? - Again, no idea

When was the deadline? - YESTERDAY.

-t
recommended download:
Bob Schneider, Orlando

4 comments:

mance01 said...

Aww....poor hot potato.

hahahaha :) I don't know how you haven't been frustrated to death by now. That sucks.

Donny said...

Do you remember that skit from Sesame Street with the singing cows who taught us how to cross the street safely? One of the lines to the song is "You gotta know how to walk - walk - walk." That song's been stuck in my head for a while now.

Tom said...

They were singing pigs and they
were dressed up like Madonna(?), Cindy Lauper(?), some crazy eighties pop star.


They were the Oinker Sisters The song was "I Got A New Way To Walk (Walk, Walk)

and here are the lyrics


That was a great song

-t

Donny said...

That's so right. How did I get my barnyard animals mixed up like that? Cows don't sing pop; cows sing opera.