Thursday, August 03, 2006

Too good to be true:

Yesterday I sent a message to a seller on ebay to inquire about and estimated shipping date for an item I purchased. Here is his response:


Hi, So I got back in town from a work trip last night and there was a note from the post office to claim a package.

Turns out all the packages I shipped one evening have to be repackaged because some knuckle head who used the automated postal center after me decided not to package a BBQ sauce very well and it got all over everything.

I ship in tyvek so your item is fine, but the USPS doesn't want sticky packages going through their machines, so I re-packaged everything and shipped today.

The new USPS tracking number is xx79807233602903tvuw, give it a day or two to register in the system. Sorry about this, very wierd.

What's weirder is that I thought I wouldn't have anything to post today.
-t

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....who buys bbq sauce off of ebay? why wouldn't you just, oh, i don't know, go to your local Starmarket and pick up a bottle?

mance01 said...

What's an automated postal center? I think drop-boxes are as unmanned as our post offices get.

Tom said...

Nobody said the barebecue sauce was from ebay. Someone else was shipping it (and shipping it poorly wrapped). The ebay guy (and my ebay purchase) were the victims here. Also the postal service.

-t

Anonymous said...

That's like the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry brings home a bottle of BBQ sauce on the (snakes on a) plane and it explodes in his bag ...and wait. no this is nothing like that. it's hot. and it's making me stupid.

craziasian said...

this new job is turning your brain into mush.