Monday, June 19, 2006

Scruff

It's an exciting time in the world of sports: a controversial time-out call in game five of the NBA championships could be the difference in the series; Edmonton has gone from "about to be swept" to "totally dominating" in the last two games against Carolina in the NHL finals, and has forced a Game 7; and, of course, the World Cup has captured the hearts and minds of the United States just as it does every four years.

To make things even more exciting, I have decided to grow a playoff beard. Actually, it wasn't a real decision, I just stoped shaving for a few days.

But now, it's a decision, because I realized that the Oilers, Heat, and the US National soccer team haven't lost since I started growing the beard.

I stopped shaving, they stopped losing.

Now, some of you may find this a bit unsettling. Let me put your fears to rest: I will shave eventually, so don't worry about it.

Unless the US keeps not-losing. Then I might pull the old amp out of the closet, dust off my shades, and start that ZZ Top cover band I've always dreamnt of.

-t

recommended download:
Ryan Adams, The Bar Is A Beautiful Place

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the power of facial hair, dahlin!

Anonymous said...

post pictures now

Donny said...

Maybe if you start growing it now you can have a beard by the next World Cup. Speaking of facial hair, I'm thinking of growing a mustache for Milwaukee's Summerfest. It'll bring the festival to a whole new level.

Tom said...

Adina, it's only been four days, it'll take another week and a half before you can even tell. ;)

Johnny Sapphire said...

remember the last time you stopped shaving?

gross. shave.