Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Cone of Silence

(Did you guys watch Get Smart on Nick at Nite?)

They haven't told anyone. I told hypermanager, CancerFace, and the one kid who sits next to me that I like and who is also looking for a new job.

The rest of the group doesn't know. The rest of the floor doesn't know. They haven't told anyone.

I'm not volunteering the information now, because I want to see how long it takes before they acknowledge I'm leaving.

We just had a meeting. Hypermanager asked everyone into the conference room. "This will be quick" he said.

I thought he would announce it then. "We're sorry to see you go, good luck" or whatever.

Nope.

Instead he just gave a quick recap of the changes that need to be made for the long weekend accruals. No mention of the soon-to-be-gone senior.

It's like they're ignoring the problem so it will go away.

Jokes on them. I'm going away whether they ignore it or not.
bam!

-t

3 comments:

e$ said...

occasionally I'm struck by how much your work life resembles office space...

Tom said...

occassionally I'm bashed over the head with it. and by "occassionally" I mean "all the time"

-t

Anonymous said...

Just remember that everyone is replaceable.