Monday, March 06, 2006

You remember that line? At the end of "Center Stage." You know the one I'm talking about: "Whoa."

Shit.

Have you guys read my last two posts?

Shit. Have you guys read any of the posts from the last six months? They blow.

I started this blog because I cared about not caring about work… I JUST WANTED TO HAVE FUN and keep other people who had suck-ass jobs entertained. Mostly my friends, because they were the only people I knew with suck-ass jobs, but anonymous strangers too, if they stumbled on a link or whatever.

When did I turn into an asshole? “Boo my job sucks” and “boo my life is so hard.”

Jackass.

Seriously? I’m getting paid almost forty-thousand dollars a year to use my brain maybe twice a day. And, while I’m surrounded by stupid kids who I am still utterly amazed have the necessary intelligence to complete an involuntary bodily function like breathe, I don’t think I “deserve” to complain.

Because I’m pretty sure everybody deals with stupid people.

I just realized right now that the reason I get frustrated with their actions and lack of intelligent thinking is because I care about this job and they’re messing it up.

What the hell?! When did I start caring?

So consider this an open apology to you, the readers, if, in fact, there are still any of you out there. I am hereby reverting to my old self.

I will not care about this job, or any other that, through action or inaction, prevents groups of smart people from working together.

I will hate stupid people, but not because their stupidity affects the quality of the work done at the aforementioned type jobs, but soley because they are stupid, which, in my opinion, is the absolute worst thing you can be.

I will quit bitching. Seriously, who the hell do I think I am.

It is important that I hate them all. But the reason I hate them is more important.

Check the Lost and Found for those rose-colored glasses.
And download these songs:

Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Deep Blue Soemthing
Hanginaround, Counting Crows
Always On My Mind, Phantom Planet
Gay Cowboy, Jude
Blood On The Coal, The Folksmen
Streams Of Whiskey, The Pogues


-tgme

4 comments:

Johnny Sapphire said...

Not having you to talk to on aim is basically driving me crazy.

Tom said...

you know, it might not be so bad if you had some sort of published collection of my AIM conversations like I have been talking about for years.

SEE? I AM A GENIUS WHO IS UNAPPRECIATED IN HIS OWN TIME!


I keep finding awesome links to things and I'm all "oh, sweet I'll send this to people on my buddylistOhwaitIcan'tStupidAsscorporatePolicies..."

Arr.

Johnny Sapphire said...

FOUR POSTS TODAY AND NOT ONE GODDAMN COMMENT.

Tom said...

I thought it was three...

Also, blogger's being weird. lots of dropped comments and phantom comments.

it also dropped one of my posts, then recovered, then lost, then rerecovered.

server issues I'd wager.

maybe I should become a server guru.

-t