Monday, March 27, 2006

Distraction is other people

This is why I like smart people:

From: adina@dot’sdesk.com
To: tom@workisdumb.com
Subject: important report

Why haven’t you been blogging?



From: tom@stupidwork.com
To: adina@dotiscrazy.com
Subject: Re: important report

Some people get mad when I "candy dish" about work, the "candy dish" kid, or negativity in general. I have not had much to say otherwise.  To be fair, I mostly dislike it when my "candy dishes" are negative too. Maybe later this afternoon, but don't get your hopes up.



From: adina@dot&me.com
To: tom@almostlunchtime.com
Subject: Re: important report

You never even fixed your ranking "candy dish" though. That is annoying me. how is it going with you and sam?



From: tom@got2getout.com
To: adina@anonfiance.com
Subject: Re: important report

She's coming in next weekend. And yes, not fixing the "candy dish" did irk me as well, I have been a little too busy I guess. I don't like leaving things unfinished.

Also, kudos on the subject line.



From: adina@threeletterDnames.com
To: tom@fourlettercurseslikedrat.com
Subject: Re: important report

Exciting - take a mini detour to Philly to hang out. Or else take pictures. Enjoy "candy dishing" with her. ~




From: tom@workemailforpersonalusebutnotIM.com
To: adina@wishesshewereascoolastom.com
Subject: Re: important report

Ha. Is that like "spooning"?



From: adina@lawyerlove.com
To: tom@jugglingiscool.com
Subject: Re: important report

Whatever you read into it, tom, it is. :)  how is life otherwise? Besides work? How is LIFE. ~ adina



From: tom@wishyouwerehere(inmyplace).com
To: adina@phillyischilly(Imeancool).com
Subject: Re: important report

*this is everybody's "high"
*
*this is me normally
*
*
*this is me now
*
*this is average for people
*
*
*
*
*
*
*this is everybody's "low"

Ups and downs. I'm downer than usual, but (as per the graphic
representation) I'm higher than most people most of the time.

A little like Flordia. A bad day for me is better than an average day almost anywhere else.

At home we've got most of the new addition painted and most furniture moved. I now have my very own room with cable tv, comic books, and video games.

I have been helping L&F move, tomorrow-ish I will be carting futon/mattress stuff for them.



From: adina@thinkfunny.com
To: tom@itsmoneynotlove.com
Subject: Re: important report

So you're never going to move out of your parent's house now huh. How is F&L's new place? What was so bad about going out with your semi friend?
You have been more negative than usual. How's the "candy dish" search going?

*this is everybody's "high"
* this is when I'm with Dot or Dan or when I'm eating pasta
*
*
*
*
*this is where I am now (I just ate a turkey sandwich and it's making me sleepy and nauseous)
*this is average for people
*
*
*
*
*
*
*this is everybody's "low"



I’ve been here all day, my inbox looks like this:
Re: important report
Re: important report
Re: important report
Re: important report
Re: important report
Re: important report
Re: important report
Re: important report
Re: important report


-t    

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adina - the new apartment is fun. We have chandeliers and a retro kitchen and bathroom. We're going to have slipper parties and play poker, and then crash the BU keggers next door.

Is "candy dish" the new code word for blogging/spooning/everything else?

Tom said...

Yes. as per the most recent "stupid kid's email" entry we are now using "candy dish" (quotation marks required) as a substitute for anything and everything non-work related. (e.g. blogging, interviewing for new jobs, or anything else)

also, around here some of us have begun using the phrase "sail on mike" in ironically inspirational situations. I doubt either of these phrases will (or should) ever be used outside of work. They do not have the catch-phrase potential of a "boo-urns."

e$ said...

i like the hierarchy of average - that made me wonder how I stack up against the rest of humanity.

ps - the candy bar meme is like the new internet sensation.

Tom said...

Wait, seriously? I thought you were joking about starting a meme. (aside: how the hell is that pronounced? is that one of those words you should only see written so you dont' have to worry about actually saying it? like "texting" ugh. I hate that word)

anyway, really? you got any links?

BAM!
-t

Tom said...

oh, ps. e$ I can't access your blog from work, so if that's where the candy bars are making a big splash, that's why I don't know about it.

somebody remind me to update my links and subheader and correct that rankings post... and read V for Vendetta before seeing the movie...and move the rest of my furniture into the new room... I've got a lot to do.

-t

mance01 said...

My favorite part of this post is the made-up email addresses. Which I just noticed. Also, the exorbitant use of "candy dish." hahaha :)

e$ said...

i guess you were right about the whole "ranking" thing, but people seem to list their favorites anyway. I loathe all video games equally, and the candy bars are in fact in order of preference. So it's not totally out of whack :)

e$ said...

also, i laughed out loud when I read your comment. Then I felt like an ass.

Tom said...

Woooo! mission accomplished! LOL achieved!