Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You're probably wishing for a stupid kid post by now

So, it looks like you have two choices:

Zero posts for periods that span days.

Or

More frequent posts that are super boring and basically about nothing at all.

For anyone who chooses to author a blog there is an understood obligation to post on a semi-regular basis (Stella), (John), (Felecia), and that, given my preponderance for multi-post days, the expected “semi-regular” interval for this particular blog is a lot shorter than “days.”

But, I am left with nothing interesting to post.

I had to manufacture an email conversation with Adina so I would have something, anything on Monday. That didn’t just happen. I left out the email I sent to Adina which contained the instruction:

“I am probably going to post this on the blog. Think funny.”

Ok, I lied. When I said funny conversations don’t “just happen” I was not being truthful.

Funny email conversations don’t just happen. But funny online conversations happened ALL THE DAMN TIME. (and you would know if JOHN ever updated his VERBATIM blog – or published that book of funny AIM conversations we’ve had like I keep telling him to – ahem.)

But, the chance of funny AIM conversations drops dramatically to ZERO when AIM is no longer allowed at your place of business.

And apparently the will to create fun and poignant posts shrivels up and dies with it.

The most interesting thing I have to write about is that the stupid guy from Northwestern pronounces “frustrating” as “fustrating”

THAT IS NO WAY TO KEEP YOUR ADORING AND FAITHFUL AUDIENCE HAPPY!!

If things go on like this I’m going to start belting out songs from Singing In The Rain just to see what kind of reaction I’ll get. And if that doesn’t work (KATE) then I’m just going to give up and switch to songs from Disney animated movies and see how many coworkers I can get to sing along.

“Pick the paper up, put it in the bag –bump-bump-“

-t

5 comments:

Donny said...

Have you tried the new chatting feature through gmail? I don't know what that looks like. Perhaps it's easier to hide than AIM.

Tom said...

Gmail is blocked.

Hotmail is blocked.
Yahoomail is blocked.
ebay is blocked.
craigslist is blocked.
all video game-related sites are blocked.
myspace, friendster, and now, thefacebook is blocked. (not that I log on anymore, I'm just saying, what the hell is up with blocking thefacebook?)

espn, and playboy.com are not blocked, and you can still log on to the NRA site, order books, guns, knives, trashy magazines, and drugs online.

got to keep the VPs happy, trod on the little people.

dear IT dept. you may take our access to websites, but you will never take

OUR FREEEDOOOOOOOOM!!!

-t
(ps, I hated that movie, mel gibson has no business playing a seventeen year-old version of himself)

Donny said...

I would like a picture of the stupid kid. It would make your blog come to life.

e$ said...

pictures make everything come to life.

mance01 said...

I bet the Stupid Kid has a picture of Tom. ;)

hahahaha :)