Monday, February 13, 2006

Pre-interview

If I could just sit here and listen to my music and not have to interact with my coworkers I probably would not hate coming in to work as much as I do. Tomorrow I have an interview with the tax division of another financial firm, and if you think mutual funds are exciting, just wait until you start reading up on taxes.

But I really don’t care at all what I do, data input and interpretation is data input and interpretation, no matter the industry. It’s about coworkers, environment, dress code, commute, and salary. I’ll take the boredom and tedium of taxes over the boredom and frustration of mutual funds if it means another ten thousand dollars a year.

Well, I’ll take it for the first six months anyway, then we’ll see what happens.

In the meantime I’m just trying to find that nice balanced volume level between “drowning out the sounds and conversations of coworkers” and “permanent ear damage,” and if I err on the louder side, I’m sure you’ll understand.

-tgme

No comments: