Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Off day?

Clock it. Hypermanager just came over to check with some funds with our Bible-gifting group member and discovered…

That he hasn’t come in at all today.

Hypermanager was pissed. “Tom,” he said “check the vacation calendar see if he’s supposed to be out today.”

So I pull up the calendar and right there on Feb 22 it says “Nice Bible-guy is out today.”

I’m practically rolling in the aisles. Hypermanager runs that vacation calendar compulsively and yet, every two or three weeks this will happen: One o’clock in the afternoon he’ll discover someone isn’t here.

So now I’m tying out Bible’s funds and trying not to laugh out loud at hypermanager and his stupid vacation calendar. He didn’t know someone wasn’t going to be here today. That is (what passes for) humor around here.

Ha.

-tgme

4 comments:

mance01 said...

You know, if he's such a nice Bible guy, you could learn his name... "Nice Bible Guy" indeed. :-p

Donny said...

Would you have the same comment if he were "Nice Tarot Card Guy" or "Nice Karma Sutra Guy?"

Donny said...

I just made a mistake that makes me look like an idiot, eh? It's Kama Sutra, right? Or am I just confusing myself now. Well, if that first post was right, I am, now, definitely confirming my ignorance. And I refuse to google "kama sutra" at work to check the spelling. I know the IT guy would make a comment about that.

Tom said...

"Nice Bible guy" is his alias. Sheesh.

I totally know his name.