Friday, February 24, 2006

Not exis-stential, coinci-dental.

Coincidence.

Yesterday I was killing some time online and followed this link from this site to Roger Ebert’s discussion with Daniel Woodburn concerning the use of the words “midget,” and “dwarf,” to describe Little People. You’ll see the discussion was prompted by Ebert’s use of “midget” in a review of Death To Smoochy in which Woodburn appeared.

Six hours later I caught a rerun of CSI on Spike TV. The one where the CSI’s are interrogating Little People about a murder at a Little People convention. “Interesting,” I thought to myself, “I was just reading that Ebert/Woodburn correspondence today.”

An hour after that I caught a Daily Show with Jon Stewart rerun. The guest was ROGER EBERT. Co-in-ci-dence. (?) The wee-folk and the movie-man twice in one day? Very interesting.

And, then, during the course of the interview Jon Stewart, host of the Daily Show, asked Ebert to defend a bad review he’d given for a movie Stewart had appeared in. The movie? DEATH TO SMOOCHY!


Extremely interesting.

Little People,
Roger Ebert,
Death To Smoochy.
Once.

Little People,
Roger Ebert,
Death To Smoochy
Twice.

Coincidentally,
Tom

1 comment:

mance01 said...

I saw some little people yesterday. Cosmic. :-p