Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ordinal day

I’m posting this for propriety’s sake. This is an email I just received from a coworker. His cube is on my left. On his left is the new stupid guy in our group. In this email “he” refers to stupid new guy, all other names have been changed, because I like these new names better:

Tom,

Earlier today he asked me and Consuela if a year has 56 or 52 weeks. I just sat for a minute and did not look up when he asked. I was in pure shock. Then he said, ”Cause I know a deck of cards has something like 56 cards in it.”

Jack

There you go. This is what it’s like every day.

-t

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, i knew that. but then i forgot which one was right and had to ask dot. she is probably blogging right now, "my coworker is soo stupid..."

Donny said...

If you ever count the number of symbols in a deck of cards (and give jacks 11, queens 12, kings 13), the total is 365. (The number of days in a year, Adina.) Plus if you add the joker, it's 366.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it could happen to you, hater.

Donny said...

Did I ever tell you about the time I was scratching my neck with my pen at work and wrote all over myself. That was embarassing.

Anonymous said...

no, you conveniently left that story out of my life.