Thursday, October 06, 2005

Er

I was up until 4AM last night. Now, I don’t want to hear any outraged comments or “I warned you”s. I know getting no sleep is bad for me. We were at the emergency room. We went in about midnight, and spent most of the time waiting for an attending to come around. Apparently it was their busiest night, lots of patients, lots of complications, and I can appreciate that. The point of the story is: I got home and went to bed at 4:30AM and got up at 8:30AM this morning. So I’m either way too tired to function, or I’ll be the crabbiest I’ve ever been.

If it’s the latter then I better not get bugged with any stupid questions from the stupid guys, for their sakes.

Also, I’m going to let you all in on a little secret: I would have called in sick today, to continue sleeping, but I’m going to be out Monday and Friday of next week, and I feel like I’d be letting the team down to take three unscheduled days in just over a week. Monday wasn’t a planned day off, something came up yesterday that necessitates taking the day. Friday was a planned unplanned day off. I’m planning on calling in sick to go play golf.

-tgme


recommended downloads:
The Get Up Kids, Ten Minutes
Midtown, Get Together

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post is full of secrets - why were you at the ER? what came up on Monday?

ok fine just two secrets but still.

Tom said...

My dad was in the er. I drove, they kept him overnight.

My grandmother's cousin died yesterday, the funeral is monday, I was asked to be a pallbearer.

They're not secrets, they're just things I didn't want to mention.

Kate Mills said...

no shame in calling in.... CALL IN OFTEN!

Tom said...

but they depend on me. I'm a valuable member of this team. ok, I'm kidding, what we definitely don't have here is a team. I'm one of three or four out of ten people in the group that can do the things I'm supposed to be able to do. and a smart to dumb ratio of 4:6 is way better than 3:6

but here's the other half of it. everyone is in today, so they could have covered. next friday when I'm sick, there will already be two people out on vacation, so I'm leaving them super shorthanded.