Friday, October 14, 2005

Hey out there in business land

I called in sick today to go golfing.

It rained and it poured and it rained some more.

It's ok, I guess, we got four holes in, (bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey) and had some hot chocolate in the clubhouse afterwards. On the second hole my driver flew out of my hands on the downstroke of my swing and smashed into the ground, kicking up grass and mud and spraying rainwater everywhere. On the third hole it happened again. After that I stopped using my driver.

The greens were slow, and puddley. We weren't putting we were damn near driving the ball once we got close to the hole. It'd take off after a big strong putt and die six inches further. We were four-putting from five feet. Ridiculous.

At least it wasn't wet andcold, though. That happened at the tournament two years ago, we suffered through twelve holes that time before calling it quits.

Ok, we came back home to change and dry off, and I felt like you all should get an update thus far. Now we're off to the club for the catered dinner and the raffle and presentation of the trophies, if, in fact, anyone finished.

A bad day of golf beats any day at the office.

-t

recommended download:
Coheed & Cambria, Sweet

No comments: