Friday, September 23, 2005

The Upside of Apathy

There were mistakes made last night. Mistakes I should have caught, and didn’t. Mistakes that will probably result in angry emails from the client to my managers. But I don’t even care.

That’s not to say I don’t care about making the mistakes, what I mean rather, is that it has not had a negative effect on my mood today. I’ve fixed what I could this morning, and taken steps to ensure the mistake won’t be made again tonight.

Three managers are out today, we’re down to a skeleton staff, and more responsibility has been thrust onto my shoulders. But I don’t even care.

I don’t care because I will handle it no problem, and also, because it’s the motherfuckin’ weekend. (the motherfuckin’ TIME!)

Last night I visited one of my former residents. She is now an RA. That’s right: a resident assistant. I’m so proud. Last night was her first on-call shift, so I went over and hung out and went on rounds with her and it was a really good time. Shout out to the RAs reading this blog (Donny).

Tonight I’ll be helping Tom move an entertainment center and using my truck to do it. I’m pretty excited, I haven’t had to lug anything in the truck in almost three weeks.

So that’s it for now, thanks for checking in.
-Tom


recommended downloads:
Midtown, Waiting For The News
The Flaming Lips, Fight Test
Lucky Boys Confusion, Committment

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read the last part of your entry I was like, "Sweet, I can totally bug Tom to help me whenever I need a truck to move things because other people are already bugging him." But then I remembered that I moved away.

Donny said...

I've thought the same thing, Jackie. You're not crazy.

Johnny Sapphire said...

or maybe you both are....