Friday, September 23, 2005

Pick to Lose

So, I’m in this football pool. You pick the teams you think will win this week, and rank them based on how confident you are. Rankings range from 1 to 16. If you pick the Carolina Panthers to win their game, and are very sure they will, you might rank them high on the list, like a 15. If you pick the San Francisco 49ers to win, but you’re not really sure they’ll pull it off, you might rank them near the bottom, like 2.

Also, this pool is in Donny’s office in Milwaukee. Every week “Joe” sends out an email with the pick sheet, and I send one back with my picks and rankings.

Here is the response I got today:

From: JoeFootball@DonnysWork.com
To: TommyBoy@slackerdom.org

Tom

You have two teams ranked at (11) points and none at ranked (3) points. Please advise

Joe Football


I replied:
From: TommyBoy@slackerdom.org
To: JoeFootball@DonnysWork.com

Joe,

Atlanta (3)
Denver (11)

In knew I missed one.
Thanks!

Tom

Ok, so with me so far?
Donny, who had been CCed on the emails, thought he would chime in:

From: Donny@StatsAreCool.com
To: JoeFootball@DonnysWork.com

Joe,

Tom also has troubling adding. I forget the story behind that, but as a math major, adding should have been one of his first goals.


Donald


Thanks Donny.
-t

recommended downloads:
Social Distortion, Born To Lose

2 comments:

Donny said...

I never sign as "Donald." Sometimes I use my Spanish alias "Donaldo" but hardly ever as "Donald."

Tom said...

That was a cut and paste, straight from your email.

also, "cascadingly" because I'm a juggler, and the cascade is the basic pattern.

yay atlanta