Monday, September 19, 2005

Suck it, bomb!

I love ebay. I play to win:

I find my target. Eleven minutes left, one bid entered.
I read the details, do some brief research online.
Ten minutes left, I enter my first bid, not enough.
I enter a higher bid, I am the current high bidder.
I watch the auction closely, waiting for speers1350 to re-up.
Seven minute left. She does.
I wait, patiently.
And wait.
Three minutes left, a new bidder enters, edreilly136.
I enter a quick bid to determine his limit. I am outbid.
So I wait.
And I wait.
The thrill of the hunt.

Thirty seconds left, I enter my max bid.
At the Confirm Bid screen I wait.
Five seconds. Ten seconds. Let him think he's won it.
Confirm Bid!
Seven seconds. Refresh! Five seconds. Refresh!
Two, one second remaining.
I WIN I WIN I WIN.

I rule all ebay.
-t

recommended download:
Oasis, Acquiesce

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Tom. But I think many would agree that eBay rules YOU.
Join my club.

Johnny Sapphire said...

wow.

i mean.

wow, tom. wow.

Tom said...

but I did win. I beat the other guy. I won the auction. That's the verb. Win. I auctioned the hell out of that item. Speed, cunning, strategy. It's just like racquetball.

There is also the bonus of snatching something away from someone and taunting them. Like offering your little brother the last cookie, and when he reaches for it, cramming it in your mouth and enjoying him walk away followed by your muffled laughter.

ha-HA!
-t

Donny said...

Why didn't you submit your football picks last week? Are you going to submit them this week?

Tom said...

I did submit them. They're on the Week 2 sheet. I lost miserably (though not as miserably as week 1).

why the mix up?

Tom said...

also, falling up, that is exactly what I sounded like after winning, I mean exactly.