Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Holiday

It’s a late post today because I have been away from my desk, doing nothing, for a long time.

It’s been nice.

Beyond that, I don’t have much to say. I feel an obligation to post, so at the very least there will be a new headline to greet me when I refresh the page. I’ve been doing some thinking recently about my upcoming BIG DRIVE OH-FIVE (ps, adina, the rhyme is the reason this works, last year BIG DETOUR OH-FOUR would have been brilliant). There are a few things I need to accomplish before skipping out on holiday for an extended weekend.

I need to get a bed liner for my truck, I need to plot my route, I need to make sandwiches for the car ride.

Then I will be ready.

Once there, I will be paying out a substantial amount of money (Donny, how much will I have lost by then?) for playing in Donny’s office football pool. This is the last year I will be joining such a pool.
Because I suck at it.

Elsewhere, there is not much going on, I am struggling (valiantly) with MVP Baseball 2005 for Xbox: I have yet to hit a home run, and my pitchers have given up about seventy to opposing batters in just under fifteen games. I am also reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and so far (p. 250) am enjoying it. Speaking of A.R., have any of you readers read her books? I knew a guy who said The Fountainhead changed his life. Plausible?

Oh, and I missed the premiere of Arrested Development, which is too bad, because I love that show. I am going to work on finding a regular place to watch that monday nights. It’s sometimes nice to have a routine.

-Tom


recommended download:
Green Day, Holiday    

1 comment:

Donny said...

I coughed up $47 for you today.

Has "Big Detour" officially become "Big Drive"? Has Adina dropped out?

Do you have anyone in Ohio or Michigan that you can stay with overnight? I would suggest stopping at my parents but that's not really close enough to get you to Milwaukee in one day.