Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Punctuation makes all the difference

What a difference a day makes. Though, I am more inclined to chalk it up to a good night’s rest. And an exclamation point.

So, I was going to write a brief nose girl update for those of you who care. But I won’t. If you really can’t live without the info I will be accepting interrogative emails and IMs all day.

Instead I am going to describe to you a vision I had late last night, of a kitchen.

The kitchen is U-shaped. One end of the U opens into a large dining room. As you enter from the dining room the refrigerator (in brushed aluminum) is immediately on your left, then the range and oven, and then the sink, each separated by some counter space. At the bottom of the U, after you turn the corner is the sink, and the dishwasher, above them a giant window looking out into the back yard. The other side of the U is counter space with a cutout looking through into the living area. There is a giant island in the middle of the kitchen. The kitchen floor is tiled in a deep blue, the walls along the countertop and behind the range are tiled in a lighter shade of the same blue. The counters and cabinets are of a light small-grained wood. It is very open and the dominating feature is the island, providing about a football field of counterspace.

After thinking about this kitchen for a little while I dropped right off to sleep. I woke up almost eight hours later, and here I am awake, alert, and ready to tackle the tough problems.

-t

recommended downloads:
Phantom Planet, Always On My Mind
Willie Nelson, You Were Always On My Mind
and The Beatles, Help!

No comments: