Thursday, September 15, 2005

Pick 'em

Items of note:

  • I scored fifty-two (52) of a possible one hundred thirty-six (136) points in last week’s football pool. Also of note: I’m playing in Donny’s office pool, which is in Milwaukee. However, there was one participant who scored lower than I did: Joe, the pool’s organizer scored only forty-two (42) points in week one.

  • The television detective known for his proclivity for lollipops is Kojak and not, as is maintained by a coworker’s trivia desk calendar, Columbo, who was played by Peter Faulk, who has a glass eye.

  • I get paid approximately $9,400.00 a year to blog at work.

  • People think my recent haircut looks “professional,” I think it looks “stupid.”

  • I have not archived one fund since May 17th, 2005.

  • I would never use the company email to set up and distribute a clever pyramid scheme based on wagering large sums of money on fantasy football leagues. Not ever.

  • Gmail is much easier to use than the company email system.

  • I cannot remember the last time I wore a tie to work. It may or may not have been the day I used a shoelace for a belt.

  • There are seven different ways to kill a man using a Swingline stapler.

  • I’m seriously considering stealing the ladder maintenance guys just brought in to change some lightbulbs.

  • I have not stolen enough push-pins to complete the smiley face on my bulletin board.

-cascadingly yours,
Tom


recommended downloads:
Stephen Kellogg, Such A Way

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the question that begs to be asked...

how many hours does tom blog at work?

Anonymous said...

OMG, cuz i HOPE $9400 is not your FULL salary.... wouldnt you qualify for some sort of federal assistance if that were the case? that might be cool..

Anonymous said...

Tom, be presentable tonight b/c we have decided we are going out.

Tom said...

what? who's "we"? did I decide something with you and not remember? tonight? out? WHAT. OF. DONUTS?!

Anonymous said...

No, you didn't decide anything, and the plan is still up in the air so I would say check with John/L.

Anonymous said...

Too good to be true? Not when you are looking for the best information on #LINK#! We have all your sports information needs plus over 120 of the nations top handicappers plays every game day! Thanks to Tom for allowing us to post on his blog titled, Pick 'em. Free Trial for all new clients. Just click on the following secret word, michael jordan baseball stats to start winning today!