Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Arthritic

My fingers hurt. I think I am typing too much. What I do not know is if the typing I'm doing is mostly for work, like punching numbers into the calculator, or mostly from non-work, like AIMing and blogging.

Who am I kidding? Of course it's from non-work.

On the other hand, it may not be typing, it might be the grip I use when holding a pen. It seems to strain my right hand more than my left, since the left almost never holds the pen, and it seems to crop up after I've been writing.

Usually it's not work related. (Big surprise, right?) I've got pages. Pages, and pages, and pages of doodles. Little cartoon guys with big eyes and dopey smiles, birds, big bubble letters, and giant works of abstraction. If I stacked all these pages together it would be about eight inches tall. I don't have room for all of them at my desk, so every so often I bring a big stack home and file it away.

I try not to think too much about what I do here that they're not paying me to do. I do continue to do it though.

-t

recommended download:
Flogging Molly, Black Friday Rule, and Devil's Dance Floor

3 comments:

Johnny Sapphire said...

So your eyes hurt, your fingers hurt, you back aches, and youve got a trick knee. You're like my grandma, only blonder.

Tom said...

I have a trick knee?

Johnny Sapphire said...

didn't you know?