Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My Eyes Hurt

It hurts a little when I blink, and when I open my eyes. I think, ideally, I should just keep my eyes closed. I don't know if I can get my job done blind though. I'm good, but maybe not that good.

This dull ache in my lower back, and this blinking problem, probably arise because I haven't been sleeping much lately. Now, that's not to say I've been having trouble sleeping, that's certainly not the case: I could drop off to sleep anywhere, anytime. I don't like missing things.

So I stay awake for Red Sox games on the west coast, and monday night football, even though I don't give a damn if the Falcons beat the Eagles or who the Rams are playing. I stay awake to play "just a few more innings" of MVP Baseball on the xbox, or to read "just a few more pages" in whatever book I'm reading. I stay awake just in case something exciting happens.

Inevitably I end up in bed at 2 A.M. instead of midinght like I'd planned. And every couple of days I do go to bed early, sometimes as early as eleven thirty, and that's when I end up reading twenty chapters or listening to every Flogging Molly album I've got.

I don't mind too much though, not many exciting things happen in the morning, so I've got those few hours to recover. And to practice blinking.

-t

recommended download:
Flogging Molly, Tomorrow Comes A Day Too Soon and Life In A Tenement Square

No comments: