Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hello? Who is this...?

Oh man, I just had a great idea.

Pick a blog. Preferably one that gets updated or checked by the author once or twice a week. Not one that is written by a computer/blog-savy webmaster because they'll end this little game real quick. And don't pick anybody famous, (you know, "famous") because this will be more exciting if the author doesn't have a big following.

Leave messages for a friend of yours in the comment section, then, have the friend respond.

Entire conversations between you two people in the comments on a post.

You could try themes! For example, the post is about taking the dog to the vet, but mentions a trip to the farm that happened last week. Your comment could be "Joe, I totally know you thought about that time we went cow tipping at the Daisy Dairy farm Halloween sophmore year when you read that. Man we were so wasted that night." then Joe responds with something like "We never went cow tipping. I tranferred in January of sophmore year. What the hell are you smoking?" and then you'll be like "Oh man, that's so funny. I don't even know who I was with that night. Hey did you catch the Gilmore Girls marathon last weekend?" and Joe can say "Hell yeah I did, I love the Gilmore Girls!" You know, stretch it out over a couple of days. It's like email.

Hopefully by this time the author of the site will have checked in, and maybe even left a coment like "um, hi, hello, do I know you? what's going on?"

This is such a good idea.

-t

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

um sign me up please.

ps do you realize that you posted four times today? do you ever wonder what your coworkers have nicknamed you in their blogs? i am thinking along the lines of "blogboy".

FromBlogBoysDesk. GENIUS.

Tom said...

I posted four times because you asked that I write a good post today. I wanted to give you choices.

Actually, I only wrote the first one for you, then the second and third in case you thought the first was no good. The fourth, and most recent post was totally because I just had this totally killer idea.

Also, I don't think many (if any) of my coworkers are sophisticated enough to keep a blog. Certainly they aren't dedicated enough to post about work.

-FromTomsIdleHands

Anonymous said...

well that's flattering, thank you for all those blogs! i enjoyed them. i check your blog every twenty minutes, you know.

FROMTOMSJOB

Tom said...

Yeah. I assume that all of my readers check for updates at least twice as often as I post.

FromTomsPathOfLeastResistance