Monday, August 29, 2005

Overslept

I was supposed to sleep in Saturday. That was my big plan. It was going to be great.
My brother Joe, down at the beach this past week, was going to come home Sunday, pack, and move back to school.
Instead, Joe, me, and the rest of the gang were hoodwinked into building a patio in our backyard.

They woke me up. Early. "Tom, we need you to move your truck." A simple request. What they didn't tell me was they needed me to move my truck from the driveway to Home Depot and pick up thirty bags of crushed stone.

It took all day, dig a big hole, measure, measure again, cut the frame, level the dirt, level the crushed stone, place the bricks, dump and sweep the stone dust. Ugh.

On the other hand, I really do feel like we accomplished something. Hooray for us.

Then the new dog started freaking out. She went nuts, like she was flea-infested, which we don't think is the case becase the old dog hasn't had a hint of fleas. She's biting and scratching and whimpering for hours, so we don't know what's going on there, but we're hoping the vet will. That was pretty much the weekend. Woo weekend.

More updates later.
-t

recommended download:
Green Day, Jesus Of Suburbia

No comments: