Thursday, June 09, 2005

Spearmint v. Winterfresh

So, I'm not what you'd call a gum-chewer. I chew gum ocassionally. Mostly, I chew Winterfresh. I always chew sugar-free (I've had some issues with too much sugar in my diet, love it as I do). I usually chew Extra.

So, the past few packs (like, a half a pack a week, tops) I've been chewing Extra Sugar-free Winterfresh gum. It comes in a blue pack, the gum is white-ish. It tastes like whatever winterfresh is supposed to taste like. It's pretty good.

Well, yesterday, I decided to switch it up, give Spearmint a try. And folks, what is up with the neon-yellow colored gum? It is strange. My first thought went something like "is radioactive gum safe to eat?" Weird looking gum. Also, no lasting power. None. Pop it in your mouth, spearmint (not a bad flavor, but I've decided, it's no winterfresh), and then...nothing. Two chews, flavor's out the window.

So I'll buzz through this pack, and when I'm done, I'm going back to the white-ish, longer lasting, non-mutagenic winterfresh.

-Tom
recommended download: Don Hertzfeldt's short animated flick, Ah, L'amour

1 comment:

LoneStarCupcake said...

the only thing it was really good for (and this may have changed in the last few years since I stopped frequenting bars with this particular brand of bad taste/decor) is that it glows in black light at clubs and bars.

however, i'm not sure that the whole place wants to see chewed up gum rolling around in someone's mouth - in the dark.

so maybe let me just strike that and stick with "yeah, the spearmint sucks"