Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I'm not waving, I'm drowning

Hey readers.

I'm just trying to place myself today. On a usual day I know my attitude by the time I get into the shower. At that time I have about fifteen minutes of getting ready that I can use to adjust or change that attitude (these fifteen minutes are most useful if I wake up in a negative place, it's quick to replace a foul mood with a good mood). Today, though, it's a little different. I'm already at work and I still don't know how I'm feeling.

So, I thought, as long as I have nothing to do, and no strong feelings about doing it, I should post.

Welcome to my ambiguity.

I can speak from personal experience. Attitudes are cyclical. Weeks of optimism can be followed by a period of negativity and pessimism. I do my best to watch for these moods, and head them off when I can. It is good, sometimes, to let the bad days come. Better to be a pessimist for a time now than to suppress negative feelings forever. Then, sunlight.

So, I don't know if I'm between stages here, maybe I'm just in stasis. It's tough to tell, it's too soon. Later on today I may have figured it out.

-Tom
recommended download
Bob Schneider, The Other Side, and The World Exploded Into Love

5 comments:

Stephermay said...

or, you can do as i do. if your true self is a little down, or stressed, send your evil twin to work instead. i don't often go to work anymore, stella goes for me. stella can handle a lot more crap than i can...

Tom said...

stella's the evil twin? I thought it was the other way around. I like stella, she can't be that evil, can she?

-t

Stephermay said...

oh, yes, stella is the eeeevil twin. she's a boatload of fun... just ask kate. :)

mance01 said...

is the title of the post an analysis of the song "clumsy"?...cause I always think something like that when i listen to that song. :)

Tom said...

nope, it's a line from bob schneider's I Could Just Die