Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Trent's Last Day

Friday is Trent's last day. This means Thursday the group is sending him off in style, that is, everyone is going out to get drunk. Friday is also the last day for some other guy on the floor that I've never met or worked with. It happens that his send-off is happening at the same bar.

So, when I first heard the plan I thought to myself, "I don't think I'll get super drunk." The last few times I've been out with the work gang I have maybe gotten myself into a little trouble, or narrowly avoided trouble, this time I wanted to avoid narrowly avoiding trouble and really try to widely avoid trouble.

That was Monday, however, today I am reconsidering. Why not get drunk? I like drinking alcohol. I like having fun. I can conceivably do both of those things simultaneously.

This change, going from a sober-ish plan on Monday to a get-drunk-and-foolish-ish plan on Wednesday, has got me thinking.

Maybe I've got a problem.

-tom

also, you haven't heard of Trent before because I use pseudonyms profusely. I was tempted half way through this post to start referring to him as "Chet."

I recommend Weezer, Peace and Oasis, Lyla

7 comments:

Kate Mills said...

ah... a drinking problem? orrrr a drinking solution....

mance01 said...

I agree with Kate...liver regenerates...you can take it :) Also, what's the point of wasting good alcohol on staying sober? Let the good times roll...and if trouble ensues, we'll get to read about it! Everybody wins :)

Anonymous said...

I think Tom's problem has less to do with his liver and more to do with his mouth.

Tom said...

haha
hahaha

hey, waitaminit... what's that supposed to mean?

Anonymous said...

The quote "A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts" comes to mind.

That, and your affinity for drunk dialing.

Anonymous said...

Tom you're a lush

Donny said...

When I first read your title I thought it was going to be a political essay about Trent Lott. I should have known better.