Tuesday, May 24, 2005

So, read any good books lately?

It's raining hard here in Boston. The first Nor'easter I can remember in a while. I love weather (as I mentioned in the previous post).

So good morning, readers. I hope the rain did not adversely affect your commute, your morning errands, or your generally sunny outlook on life here on the planet earth. I've been listening to some music lately and I'm going to recommend some songs later, but I'm checking in first. What's up with you? How's the week been so far? Any big doings coming your way soon? Any birthdays out there this week? Have you read any good books lately? Seen any good movies?

I have. And I hope to see more. Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith was great. I'll need to see it two or three more times before I start to look at it as a real movie. I'm looking forward to seeing these movies too: Batman Begins, Lords of Dogtown, The Fantastic Four, Spiderman 3, Xmen 3, Kindgom of Heaven, and Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Batman looks very good. Excellent bad guys, good casting, a fresh take on the legend.
The rest of the comic book movies will be great, all following the "summer blockbuster" formula.
Hitchiker I've heard good things about, like it follows the spirit of the books very closely, if not the detail.
Dogtown will be very good, an adaptation of the true life events that produced skateboarding as we know it today. Based on the documentary Dogtown and Z-Boys. Which I've seen. And it was great. (also great but for different reasons is Ultimate X, a 45 minute documentary on ESPN's X-games for the tenth anniversary.)
and I heard a good review of Kingdom of Heaven, (directed by Ridley Scott - which is why I was thinking about going in the first place) saying if you liked Galdiator you'll probably like this one. Even though it stars an elf.

-tom

recommended downloads:
Lucky Boys Confusion, Mr Wilmington
The Clash, Just Like Heaven
The Old 97's, Timebomb
Dave Matthews Band, Say Goodbye (Live)
Black Eyed Peas (feat. Justin Timberlake), Where Is The Love?

also, I don't find it at all disconcerting that I'm mentioning both JT and Orlando in the same post, or that I'm making special mention of it in a post script. not at all disconcerting. -tom out.

1 comment:

mance01 said...

Did you hear Kelsey Grammar is going to be playing the Beast in X3? I can't wait!