Friday, May 20, 2005

Piranha

So I didn't go overboard. I kept the count down. Three drinks. One appetizer. Unexpectedly the boss put it all on the company card. That was nice.

I would have left early. But Anastasia asked me to stick around so we could take the same train back (we get off at the same stop). So I stuck around.

The bar was full. Full of Navy and Marines. We had a great conversation with a young Marine who was, I'm estimating, three feet shorter than I am. There should be a height requirement to join the Marines. It should be " at least taller than a barstool." But he was a funny kid. So it's all good.

Coworkers in at a table near us were playing rock-paper-scissors for money. Double-or-nothing Adam lost $40.

Anastasia and her roommate Cleo (both four-foot high Vietnamese girls) were making eyes at me all night and invited me out with them tomorrow night. Apparently all they need is half a Sea Breeze or Sex on the Beach to get to "friendly." They seemed to have less fun on the train ride home while sobering up.

Also, semi-unrelated, I've been getting really excited for the Nintendo Revolution. If you have now, or have ever, had any interest in video games (especially Nintendo video games I mean you Adina since you probably won't check it out without a personal invitation so consider this yours) check it out. New games, and downloading old school games: brilliant.

So I had a pretty good time,
Tom

recommended download: Morcheeba, Ambiant Lounge

9 comments:

mance01 said...

I'm glad that one of us stayed sober tonight ( i swear i had to type that 5 times to get it right.) Karaoke. It's good times :) laters!

Anonymous said...

Samantha, tell him there's nothing wrong with 4 foot high Vietnamese girls.

Tom said...

of course I remember. Also, ferocious brings that up every time I see her, and johnny does too. that's a good story.

Tom said...

hehehehe. and also the part where he got stuck in the texas accent. for like, an hour. "aw ma gawd! ah can't stahp!" or however it would be spelled.

haha

Anonymous said...

thanks for the invite. i am not sure what you are inviting me too.

kris said...

Good stuff. Sounds like I need to move to Boston.

Anonymous said...

That WAS fun. He does make going out to eat with me very entertaining. At least John is good for something, nevermind he is obsessed with his boyfriend and we never see him.

Tom said...

Adina I am inviting you to check out the new Nintendo Revolution gaming system. :)

Snake, I agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Someday, I'll post stories about John from junior high and high school.

Yeah, you guys thing he was amusing in college--imagine John as a gangly 12 year old boy.