Tuesday, May 31, 2005

How this weekend was more about having a good time, and less about work...

Actually, this weekend was about no work at all.

Friday I arrived home to a new game. Score Four, maybe you've heard of it, it's like a three-dimensional Connect-Four. We played that for about five hours while watching movies on television. Saturday we watched movies on television and played Score Four for probably about six hours, I also played some wiffleball. Sunday we went to my cousin's house for a cookout and some Star Wars trivial pursuit. I totally won (which was nice, because the last time we played my cousin beat me six pie pieces to like, one, and it was about time I came back from that defeat), I played as the Darth Vader game piece.

Sunday night I went over to Felecia and Lindsay's place for a party. (hi guys). It was such a rockin' party that the neighbors called the cops. I don't really remember though because I had way to much whiskey and am still hungover. (fyi - longest hangover was three and a half days after I consumed the larger half of a bottle of captain morgan's rum, I fully expect this hangover I'm on now to rival that as a close second).

Felecia and Lindsay graciously let me crash at their place Sunday night and even more graciously didn't make me move at all when I woke up monday morning. (Which worked out for everyone, as I would guess they wanted me hurling all over their nice clean apartment about as much as I wanted me to, which is none at all, which is why it was so nice of them not to you know, make me move excessively, or even at all, or even like, breathe heavily, or that is exactly what would have happened.)

After two hours of not moving, plus some pills and half a glass of water I was able to stagger out the door and to the car for a day of doing nothing in the car. It was great. (except for the nausea-hangover-feeling-like-I-was-drinking-nitroglycerine-and-not-100-proof-whiskey-all-night-and-now-it's-just-sitting-in-my-stomach-and-if-I-move-it-will-explode-taking-me-and-probably-these-people-sitting-near-me-with-it feeling.) Anyway. I sat and moaned through other people's breakfast at Sunset. Then sat and moaned a little less on the ride to the mall. Then walked around the mall with other people. [sidenote: being hungover severly reduces my desire to spend money on frivolities like ten dvds at a time and the whole transformers collection (buy three get the fourth for one penny) at k.b. toys, so I guess I've found a treatment for my rampant consumerism but at what cost.] I'd like to take this opportunity to send out a big "thanks for the patience you have shown to your very very very hungover friend" to those other people right now.

So anyway, a long time at the mall, and I didn't buy one thing. Not one movie. Not one cd. Not one action figure. I'd think about calling it a victory, but I won't because I can't even type the words "southern comfort" without getting nauseous all over again.

So I'll just drink my gatorade here at work and keep my head down. I'll probably have recovered by thursday.


-Tom
recommended downloads:
Weezer b-sides (now available on the two-disc re-release of "Weezer" their first cd)
Bob Schneider, Big Blue Sea
Matt Nathanson, Princess

1 comment:

Tom said...

yes. no longer sick, but, due to the effects of excessive alcohol consumption, not yet 100%.